The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung European Union wants to thank the 2016 team of bloggers Alex Brianson (UK), Marta Paradés Martín (Spain), Anna Pelova (Bulgary), Julian Rappold (Germany) and Rui Tavares (Portugal) for their excellent work.
For the 2017 version, which will deal with the big challenges the European Union has to tackle, we welcome aboard:
- Jelena von Helldorff, Senior Policy Advisor at CEIPA (Centre for European and International Policy Action), Brussels: migration/refugee crisis
- Dr Kirsty Hughes, Senior Fellow, Friends of Europe and visiting fellow, Constitutional Change Centre, University of Edinburgh: Brexit
- Dr Péter Krekó, senior associate at Political Capital Institute, think-tank, Budapest: populism
- Dr Eleni Panagiotarea, Research Fellow at the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP), Athens: eurozone
- Amanda Paul, Senior Policy Analyst EPC (European Policy Centre), Brussels: EU-Turkey relations
- Dr Łukasz Pawłowski, managing editor and regular contributor at Kultura Liberalna, Warsaw: transatlantic relations
- and others
The blog will also contain statements from European and national politicians to urgent questions and topics. We encourage our readers to join in with comments and suggestions.